GRO - Refugium Light
The Neptune Systems GRO is a specialized, 20W LED light designed to grow many types of common macroalgaes (i.e. Chaetomorpha) using a specialized light spectrum which maximizes photosynthesis. The GRO uses all its power to emit light in two specific wavelengths that are optimized for macroalgae growth – 455-460nm and 620-670nm. This combined with its rectangular shape (have you ever seen a round refugium?) means that the right light goes right where you need it – and minimizes nuisance algae growth in other areas of your sump due to light spillage.
- Compact and efficient light output
- 84 LEDs, optimum growth spectrum
- Large surface with even distribution
- IP64 Water resistant design
- Can operate standalone with optional power supply
Better Macroalgae Growth Using Less Power
It may seem counterintuitive, but with far less power than its competitors, the GRO promotes thick, healthy, and abundant macroalgae growth. The GRO does this by using 84 low-powered LEDs, selected for optimal macro algae growth, and spreads them evenly across a wide, rectangular area. This avoids hot spots in the lighting output and enables the GRO to be placed very close to the macroalgae, increasing its efficiency while minimizing wasteful light spillage.
NO Apex or DC24 Port Necessary
- Maybe you don’t have a free DC24 port, or even have an Apex at all yet – no worries – with the optionally available 24v Power Supply, the GRO can be used on any aquarium as a standalone refugium light.
Recommended Coverage: 24” x 18”
Dimensions: 8.7" L x 6.1" W x 1.4" H
Power Consumption: 20 Watts
- Neptune Systems GRO LED refugium light panel
- Flexible Gooseneck
- Flat Surface Mounting Bracket