Trident - Marine Aquarium Water Analyzer
The Trident is an automated testing system that regularly tests alkalinity, calcium, and magnesium in your saltwater aquarium — and then communicates this information to your Apex so you can get alerts, and change your dosing. When combined with the DOS (available separately) it creates a fully automated system for the proper dosing of supplements, maintaining them at consistent levels.
Say Goodbye to Manual Testing
- Automatically performs Calcium, Alkalinity, and Magnesium tests
- Includes 1-month of reagent
- Combine with Neptune DoS for automated dosing
- Programmable alerts for out of range parameters
- Data is graphed for easy to comprehend tank stats
- Can be set-up and integrated with your Apex in less than 15 minutes
- Empties used reagents and sample into an external vessel (not included)
- Up to one month of testing before reagents need changing; based on 4-Alk, 2-Ca, 2-Mg tests per day
How It Works
The Trident is a self-contained automatic titration colorimeter. That’s quite a mouthful, for sure, so let’s state it as simply as we can. The Trident is basically automating what you (and top scientists) do already when you test your water, that is, perform a color changing titration and interpret the results.
On a scheduled basis the Trident carefully mixes its reagents with a small amount of sample water from your aquarium. While doing this, it is measuring (titrating with a precision peristaltic pump) the amounts of each that are necessary to reach an expected color change (determined by the electronic colorimeter). When it finishes the titration, it sends this sample/reagent fluid to your waste container. It then interprets the results of that test and logs the value into your Apex.
- 1x Trident System
- 1x 1Link Cable
- 5' Black Sample Tubing
- 5' Clear Waste Tubing
- 1x 1-Month Reagent Supply